Look for this logo on lobster shipments around the world. We make our lobsters available for clients in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia.
R.I. Smith and Tangier Lobster Company: ‘Joined at the claw.’
We work closely on many projects with our colleagues at Tangier Lobster Company. We share common values, including providing the very highest quality of lobster to discerning clients around the world. Tangier specializes in short-term storage and international export, and their proximity to the Halifax Stanfield International Airport makes it especially convenient to co-ordinate shipping.
We at R.I. Smith specialize in long-term storage and shipments to the US. We store the best quality live lobster for the times of the year when seasons are closed and new caught production is not available.
How we partner to get premium, Canadian hard shell lobster to you:
- R.I. Smith buys on the shore — directly from our harvesters
- R.I. Smith grades these lobsters for best hard shell quality
- R.I. Smith stores in our long term, state-of-the-art facility
- R.I. Smith transfers inventory after 60-90 days to Tangier Lobster on a lot-by-lot basis
- Tangier Lobster exports these same quality hard shell lobster to key clients in Canada, America, Europe and Asia.